Course Topic: 60 Hour Pre-Licensing Correspondence
Upcoming Class Schedules
|Dates / Time
|Correspondence Course - Take at Your Convenience
||Click Here to Register
At your location! This class is a correspondence course. Take
it in the convenience of your own home.
Real Estate Course Description
We understand, that for some students, attending 60 hours of real estate
education classes during the day or evening is just not possible. Therefore
we have developed a distance learning presentation for students who would
prefer to home school themselves.
This 60-hour course fulfills the State of Tennessee's pre-licensing course
requirement. Once you complete this course, you are eligible to sit for the
state real estate exam. This comprehensive course covers the basic fundamentals
of the real estate business.
- Introduction to the Real Estate Business
- Real Property and the Law
- Concepts of Home Ownership
- Real Estate Brokerage
- Listing Agreements and Buyer Representation
- Interests in Real Estate
- Forms of Real Estate Ownership
- Legal Descriptions
- Real Estate and Other Liens
- Real Estate Contracts
- Transfer of Title
- Title Records
- Real Estate Financing Principles
- Real Estate Financing Practices
- Property Management
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Land-Use Controls and Property Development
- Fair Housing and Ethical Practices
- Environmental Issues and the Real Estate Transaction
- Closing the Real Estate Transaction
- Introduction to Real Estate Investment
- Tennessee Real Estate Commission Laws and Rules
- Math Concepts - Frequently Asked Questions
- Legislative Content & Market Financials
- Technology Issues
About Correspondence Format
- This correspondence course is fully accredited by the Tennessee Real
Estate Commission and will prepare you to sit for the state exam.
- You may take as long as 2 Months (from day of registration)
to complete the course.
- Our instructors are available during normal business hours for questions,
explanations or support.
- "In-Class Option" - Years of teaching have shown us that many students
benefit from classroom instruction. Therefore, we allow our "home-scholars"
to attend actual classes when and if they can fit it into their schedules.
Students may attend a total of 20 night classes or 15 day classes for a total
of 60 hours anytime within one year of their paid enrollment. If the student
finds material difficult to understand, all he/she needs to do is look at
the class schedule and attend a session.
The following materials are included with your course registration:
- Modern Real Estate Practice Book - basic real estate principles instruction manual*
- Modern Real Estate Practice Audio CD
- Official Manual of the Tennessee Real Estate Commission - laws and rules
- Study Guide for official manual of Tennessee, and state law examination
- Midterm Exam
- State Law Exam
- Final Exam
- Additional Math Review (questions not graded, just for additional review/practice)
- Postage-paid envelope (to send completed exams back to school)
- In-class schedule (students may attend up to 60 hours of day or night courses in our classrooms)
This course includes the same edition of Modern Real Estate Practice that is
used in the classroom settings of real estate schools throughout the country.
This well thought out material covers the basic fundamentals of the real estate
business. The book includes learning objectives, key terms and quizzes to help
the student track his/her progress. The book includes a cd-rom with practice
exams that help understanding and mastery of the material.
Our distance-learning course also provides an audio CD, which gives you the
opportunity to hear the book, chapter by chapter. This is not included in the
classroom format. It is - just for the distance-learning student.
Examinations & Grading
- Course format includes a Midterm, State Law and Final exam. You must
complete the exams and return them to us in the postage paid envelope
provided with your materials.
- We will grade the exams. You must score at least a 70% on all three tests
to pass our course.
- If you do not pass the exams we will send you retake exams, which must be
resubmitted to us for grading. Only the failed exam(s) will be required to
- Upon successful completion of the course we will send you a certificate
of completion and we will report your successful completion to the testing
company. You are then eligible to take the state exam.
Notes on Cost
$395.00 for the course and $45.00 for the books and CD.
Strategies for Success
- First read chapter of the Modern Real Estate Practice manual. Then go back
and listen to Audio CD of the chapter for further clarification.
- After you have read the chapter and listened to the corresponding audio
material, take the practice quizzes on the cd-rom. It will help with mastery
of the skills and show areas for further study.
- For reinforcement or clarification of material considering attending some
classroom sessions. Home scholars may attend a total of 20 night classes or
15 day classes for a total of 60 hours anytime within one year of their paid
- If you have questions about the material, contact us. Our instructors are
available during normal business hours for explanations and support.